Fish oil can be consumed naturally or by taking supplements. Fishes like salmon, tuna, sturgeon, mullet, sardines and trout fishes are especially rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fish oil supplements are usually made from tuna, salmon, herring, mackerel, cod liver and seal blubber.
To prevent spoilage fish oil supplements often contain vitamin E. In special cases they might also be combined with other vitamins like B1, B2, B3, A, C, D and sometime calcium as well. Lov fish oil supplement, smart blend, Optimum omega 3 fish oil, Naturals ultimate omega D3 and Ultra Omega 3 fish oil are considered as the best omega 3 fish oil.
High triglycerides are the main cause of heart disease and diabetes. Doctors believe that to reduce the chances of heart disease it is required to keep triglycerides below a certain level. To reduce the level of triglycerides usually doctors recommend restricting dietary fat and increase physical activities.
Now researchers have shown that omega-3 fish oils can reduce triglycerides levels by 20% to 40%. Omega-3 Fish oil supplement is approved by FDA for reducing high triglycerides.
- Heart disease: According to many researches consuming fish oil by eating fishes can be very effective to keep their heart disease free. Who are already suffering from heart disease they are also able to lower the chances of sudden death by consuming fish oils through supplements or fishes.
- High blood pressure: The omega-3 fatty acids of fish oils are really effective to expand the blood vessels, which reduces high blood pressure that is why omega-3 fish oil is recommended for the patients of high blood pressure.
- Menstrual pain: Taking only fish oil or combined with Vitamin B-12 seems to reduce the pain of periods and also reduces the need of Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Omega-3 fish oil also seems to help the patients of Rheumatoid arthritis to get over come the morning stiffness faster.
- Asthma: Many researches shown that Omega-3 fatty acid of fish oil have great effect for reducing the occurrence of asthma. Other than that fish oil also seems to increase the airflow, reduce cough and reduce the need of medications in the patients of asthma.
When fish oils taken in lower amount (3 grams per day or lesser) are safe for most us including breast-feeding and pregnant women. Taking more than 3 grams of Omega-3 fish oil may reduce the clotting of blood which may increase the chances bleeding. Sometimes high dose of fish oils may drop blood pressure below normal. Fish oils also may reduce our immune system which can be dangerous for the patients of AIDS.
It is highly recommended to take high doses of fish oil only under medical supervision.